View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 11:28 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
DeSantis’ political views change with the moods of his base.
It looks like suddenly for you morals count, though I could see your Edwards and raise you one Gingrich.
As far as his wonderful claims that educators are grooming children.
Anyone with half a brain would realize that people don’t change their sexual orientation because of what they read.
If that was true there would be no gay people. They’ve all read about straight people for their whole lives and haven’t changed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
morals always count. But when judging a far off executive, results count a lot more.

true on gingrich. but it’s you, not me, putting morals at the front and center. i care more that gingrich worked with bill
clinton to cut taxes, balance the budget, and generate a surplus. that result matters a lot more than infidelity. i wouldn’t want gingrich to date my mom. but i’d have loved for him to be potus when he was at the top of his game.

your side also flip flops on the importance of morals. in the bill clinton years, liberals paid zero attention to ethics and focused on results. in the trump years, liberals ignored results and focused on ethics.

of course plenty of republicans did the same thing, in the opposite manner. no shortage of hypocrisy in the gop.

“people don’t change their sexual orientation based on what they read.”.

that’s certainly true most of the time. but i don’t want elementary school
kids reading about any kind of sexual orientation, regardless if the effect it may or may not have on their lifestyle choices. let them read about Henry Huggins and Beezus and Ramona and Ribsy. Let them be kids for christ’s sake.

it’s an elementary schools
job to teach reading, writing, math, science,,citizenship. It’s my job, not the teachers job, to tell my kids what to think about different sexual
impulses and choices. it’s the schools job to make sure my kids aren’t bothering anyone else. it’s my job, and mine alone, to teach my kids what to think about these things.

these kids are way behind in reading and math with all they’ve missed. get them caught up in academics. leave the divisive political discussions to the parents

i don’t know what incentivizes people to make these choices, but i’m convinced that waaay more people are making different choices than previously. i could
be wrong, but i don’t think i am. i think that culturally, we are encouraging different choices to show how tolerant and woke we are. i’m not sure it’s a good thing in every case.

regardless, it has nothing to do with the purpose of an elementary school.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-29-2022 at 11:33 AM..