Thread: Sad-
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #35
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineyardblues View Post
In my eyes, the problem is that the teachers are forced to make sure the students can pass tests. So rather than spend the day educating the kids and give them a well balanced dose of knowlege, they are giving them the answers to the tests to memorize.
VB
In my RI town, the children drilled for the standardized tests for three weeks and then only achieve average scores in the 70's. Don't be fooled, the inner citys are not the only problem. What the $#%^ are we getting for the money we are spending? If I performed at that level consistently I would at least not get a raise and most probably be FIRED, not reaping a 3% raise on top of a #$%^&ing step increases and no increase in the cost of my healthcare, how about tying compensation back to performance??

We read to our kids as babies and now they chew through books like they are going out of style, they are creative and perform in school, maybe they are lucky they have a good mother, because it isn't the school system. My oldest takes stuff apart and builds things in his desk during school, no he isn't bored

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia