View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #104
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You can say that if you wish. But it's not what they said at the time. What they said at the time was, Saddam has WMDs and needs to be stopped. In this same thread, I supplied quotes from those very same Democrats. Read them. But I must warn you, you won't like it.
I've read all of them and provided valuable context years ago, use the search button.

So many quotes attributed to Dems are from 1998 when we were talking about airstrikes. The post 9/11 quotes are based off of the same misinformation campaign presented to the public to justify the actions. Many of them when you read the full transcript are also taken out of context.

Use the search button.

Quote:
Spence, if you have to ignore the actual facts and invent your own, doesn't that suggest that perhaps there is something flawed about what you believe?
Actually, I think my read on the situation is pretty nuts on.

Quote:
Spence, are you feeling all right today? If Powell was seeking COngressional approval, why didn't he simply address Congress? Why go all the way to New York, instead of walking across the street to the Capital Building? Who did Powell address at the UN - Congress?
No, it's called getting votes, this is how Congress works. You placate members of Congress who may be on the fence by telling them we're going to the UN and get a resolution, we're going to do this right etc...

Quote:
Iraq was not a unilateral situation, by the way. I worked with soldiers from many different countries.
I said nearly unilateral. The first Gulf war had a real coalition. The second was primarily a collaboration between the US and the UK who knew we didn't have a solid story. There were some other troops involved if I recally not substantial endorsements as they didn't have the public support.