View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #669
2na

this kinda is the birding forum.

As such, an outstanding few last days for me. Had the return of the pine warblers (they are pretty much unafraid of me/people so I can get to within a few feet of them), a rare sighting of a yellow rumped warbler (they both go for suet until the bugs come out) (and as I was typing this one showed up on my seed board - I didn't think they did that) two female indigo bunting (hope the guys show up this year), chipping sparrows and, last but certainly not least, something I've never seen before: two ruby-crowned kinglets (unfortunately, they seemed to just be passing through - I was out in the yard and they came from one end to the other flitting through the branches looking for bugs - they are tiny and jumpy and I was fortunate enough to have them pass right around me, within a few feet). On top of that I have a pair of Downy woodpeckers and Hairy woodpeckers taking turns at the suet too - those Hairy's make a racket. When I got down here to Truro I found a pile of feathers under the seed board, so looks like a sharp shinned hawk is around.

Speaking of suet, where is the cheapest place now? I've been hitting Ocean State at $1 a cake - anyone able to beat that? With all of the attention I'm getting at my sole suet station I was thinking of adding another, but I'm going through a cake/week.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.
2na is offline   Reply With Quote