View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #81
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So even though it was determined that the quote was made up your going to use it anyways?
I apologize..her actual quote was completely different....

"I wish they(working people) would make more, so we can tax more."

'I wish they would earn more so they can pay more'

45% of US households paid no federal tax- MSN Money

what was "made up" was her class warfare argument that "the other side" is somehow demonizing low end earners (Pelosi's "they") by pointing out the inequities in the current tax system and the system of government give aways, the inequities are across the board, read the article to find out who "they" are... she would seek to make it even more inequitable(or equitable in her mind) by deamonizing certain tax payers without ever addressing the fundamental issues of spending and the disaster that is the current tax code....fundamentally she can't help but want/wish you(they) to pay more as a result of earning more, her solution to all problems is more Federal Tax revenue...this was simply an opportunity for her to drum up class warfare and further divide Americans

how about this ...

"I wish that we(the federal government) would spend and do less, so that they(Americans) could keep more of what they earn, enjoy greater opportunity and become less reliant on our Federal "charity".... "

Last edited by scottw; 05-03-2012 at 06:33 AM..