Thread: Wow
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
lets see. Off the top of my head, the economic collapse that happened here in 2008 was a result of loosening of banking regulations.
The fact that we are not choking on smog are a result of government regulations.
The fact that we still have fish to catch are a result of government regulations.
But I'm the dumb ass. Look in the mirror.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The collapse of 2008 was a result of a collapse in regulations, governmental tampering with the housing marketplace, and lobbyist putting was of money in to congress critter's pockets. A confluence of many factors across both parties.

The fact that we are not choking on smog are a result of government regulations. - And relatively clean water.

The fact that we still have fish to catch are a result of government regulations. But the fact we have barely enough fish to catch is a result of special interest groups pressuring elected reps

Problem - like most things - there is a balance. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong, and sometimes (often) they are bought and paid for by others and the result is paid for in advance.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: