View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #35
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Fish View Post
How many of you brew beer at home? Anyone get close to making something like Heady?

I've always wanted to give it a try. My brother in law got me a brewing kit a while back and some pretty detailed books but I've never had time. With the prices of decent beer these days, it's starting to seem worth doing.
I have made more wine at this point than beer but have done some beer. Pretty much if you can follow a recipe and clean & sanitize equipment...you can brew beer. sure there is trial, error and some science behind it but nowadays you can buy ingredient "kits" to brew just about any style. yes they even sell knock off kits for Heady. Havent tried this one myself as I lean toward darker ales, porters, etc so that is what I would rather brew when I get the chance.

Back to N.E. beers (OK VT Beers)..... IPAs are ok....just not my "thing" Is Heady good? yeah, just not my favorite style of beer. I was however recently blessed to be given some Fiddlehead Second fiddle and I actually liked it better than the Heady. Hill Farmstead Earl Pale Ale is pretty amazing..........

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote