Thread: Ho Ho Ho
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Seems as though the recession has been the largest burden on the Middle Class.

What's Obama done for the Middle Class? How about cut taxes, provide stimulus, and propose keeping Middle Class tax rates low...Hell, I just heard Warren Buffet remark the other day how the rich are making so much right now they should be paying more. Freaking commie...

Piscator's comment doesn't make a lot of sense, unless he's making over 500 grand a year.

-spence
Rockhound, it’s a metaphor that increased taxes (not just income taxes) take away more money available to purchase goods.

Spence, you need to look at the whole picture for it to make sense. It's doesn't just come down to taxable income at the 500K level. They are squeezing us in many other ways. For example, my health insurance has gone completely through the roof at an uncontrollable pace and it is a direct result of the clown in the White House and his motive to push his Healthcare agenda for all. Property taxes and property assessments in my town are increasing while property values are going down. Also, our sales tax has increased in Massachusetts this year. The bottom line is that more of my income is lost in 2010 vs 2009 and it is a result of Government actions (Fed/State/Local).
Make sense now?
Is Christmas going to be tighter this year for my family because of this? No, I will cut spending in other ways. For one, I’m not giving as much to charity as I normally do as the Government has taken the liberty to do it for me.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"