Thread: Bigfish
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #20
Krispy

Quote:
This used to feel like a friendly close to home fishing community...I got the opportunity to meet quite a few people thru this site...some have remained friends....some have slipped thru the cracks, but I find myself treating this site like I treat the others. It doesn't feel like home anymore . .. .it's just another site. I've been lurking more than anything else lately...and that's unfortunate, not that I have much to offer....but it's making me distant from the few I've be-friended thru this site.
Bloo, its true. This site is my home also. I have seen the changes, and believe a major part of the issue is fishing talk is no longer the main objective, just the guise under which people come here to blabber, and post and post and post about anything anywhere.
Where once it was 80% fish talk, its now 20%. Before there were in-depth discussions, now you cant get 2 posts before its muddled with garbage. That guys that made this place loved to talk bass, RI & MA bass. Its turning into a lets chat group. This isnt AOL though. Its not quantity of posts, like on the other big sites, it has always been the quality and value of information on a specific region by those participating here that made this site great.
My reaction is merely toward those I feel perpetuate these new problems, and are lowering the standard of this site, to which we have been accustomed to enjoying the last 4 years.