View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
the saddest part of all of this to me is that the "main" reason most feel its a bad idea is because we "fear" that muslims will retaliate and somehow hurt innocent people or our troops. That stands against everything I believe. You may think this pastor is a wacko - but the REAL reason Americans have fought and died is for freedom and our constitutional rights. Americans should not fear retaliation for individual actions they perform under the law. IMHO - fear is all the terrorists have, and if we give into it, they win.
They won with the Dutch newspaper, they won in Spain (train bombing/Iraq pullout).

Ask yourself, do you truly beleive in this - ""I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,"

Isnt that what makes our country great?
I can agree with this....but on the flip side if some Muslim Whacko puts a bullet in his head after he does this...I'm really not going to shed any tears for this guy............and his family (well, maybe his kids).

I always tell my kids that they have choices...some good, some bad. With every choice you make comes an action, make good choices and the action usually is a good one. Make bad choices and its probably going to be a bad action....but its your choice.....make it and be willing to deal w/ what comes afterwards.

This guy is choosing to burn the Quran...have a ball. But if you get terrorized, beaten or Killed because of YOUR choice....don't come whining to me about it.

People get beaten and/or killed here in the USA every day for antagonizing the wrong person(s) for stupid reasons....

here's a match buddy......knock your self out.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."