View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #67
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
As for Trump, according to pundits including Spence, his every move is calculated.
Quite the contrary, I've repeatedly said he's very erratic. I do think his offensive remarks are a combination of calculation and just revealing who he really is.

Quote:
It would have taken a lot of calculating in his business ventures. Some good, some bad. And he won't be making decisions on his own whim. He surrounds himself with "good" advisers. And his party will, no doubt, be advising the hell out of him. It's their Arse, not just his. The image I get of him is that he likes to take the credit for other people's good work.
And lie about his numerous failures and scandals. Must have been nice to start a career with millions of dollars and the system in your father's pocket. When that cashflow dried up there's always Wall Street to fleece, and the taxpayers. Good thing he's possibly got Russian oligarchs propping his business up. One thing Trump is good at is profiting off of other's losses.

Quote:
Anyway, if we have already arrived at the point where the President can, without the approval of Congress, do whatever he wants, then it is too late. If we are at that point, then the system, along with the country, is in for a huge collapse.
I think we're a long way from that.