View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 05:41 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Funny...yesterday, you said "we are in the now" when I brought up Obama. But here you are criticizing Trump for failures you predict will happen No I said past behavior of others doesn't equal a pass for those in the present.. this topic is not about the statements its about how the parties and people responded to these statements and outcomes I am sure Trumps statement of75% is pure Hyperbole . but do others ? in the future.

Yes, he should be held accountable for failing to keep campaign promises.

How do you calculate what % or regulations were cut? Just by the number of regulations you got rid of? Or how much less work companies need to do, to comply with regulations? A very tough thing to measure with any precision.

He needs to tone it down. He claimed in one speech that the violence in Chicago "was about to come to an end". He can't wave his hand and make the murder rate drop to zero. he shouldn't claim he can.

He's probably going to move things, significantly, in what he feels is the right direction. Then we'll see the results and judge.
As you said he needs to tone it down and I agree but i am not sure its in his nature to do so..