View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 11:21 AM   #13
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I must have been whining about it and Dani just looked at me like I was an idiot and said I had carpal tunnel... Never considered it. Thought it was a keyboard injury... Symptoms were spot on, right down to it not affecting the pinky. Makes sense for us in the trades and working with our hands to consider.... Google it boys. I will try a lot of PT or holistic before giving in to another surgery. Although I have heard of good results.
Ross, I went through it real bad 2 years ago, to the point where I could not sleep,I could not hold a phone, type or do anything constructive with my hand it would wake me up, wanting to avoid surgery ( I know people on their 3rd one).I got many opinions, and did lots of research, google my carpel tunnel .com... there is a "system" that uses a band aid like stretching strap you wear at night( you use a new strap each night), it is a 6 week therapy, and insurance will pay for it, I was in constant pain, by the third week, I was pain free, by the end of the six week, no numbness at all.. it has not reoccurred in 2 years...the bands gently stretch the facia between your thumb and across your hand relieving the constriction on the tunnel.. be fore warned, more is not better, read the directions and do not wear them too tight.. I did the first night and at first it felt good, at 2 Am i woke up feeling a swarm of bees had infested my hand, when they say gently stretch.. that is EXACTLY what it means.. IMHO, it's an alternative worth looking into.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote