View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yeah, it was very little--one article. A study that compared Trump to the limited number of participants in the research, not a study of all the other politicians in the same manner. And Yeah, the examples of lies were, as usual, not really lies, certainly not on the basis of what your social scientist considers a lie to be. The most significant line in your article was this by its author "A lie occurs any time you intentionally try to mislead someone. In the case of Trump's claims, though, it is possible to ascertain only whether they were false or misleading, and not what the president's intentions were." That is an admission that your author cannot verify his examples to be lies. Being wrong (false) is not a lie unless you know that what you say is not true.

And I wouldn't value a similar count of "lies" told by other politicians for the same reason. And, mostly, because I value actual political philosophy and practice more than political speechmaking--most of which is self-serving (which is how your author describes most of Trump's "lies."

BTW, I consider social science, as it is practiced, to be very biased toward leftist thought and don't put much stock in it.
So are you claiming that Trump doesn't lie, but just gives us Fake News.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin