View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't see Carrier's situation as even remotely comparable with that of the auto companies, or AIG, which were on the brink of ruin.AIG was partly about the # of jobs but more about the cascading effect it would have on our economy bc of the credit default swaps. I believe it is comparable so we would end up going round and around all day. As an aside, I used to work w/a company who occasionally did business with entities where AIG was also involved. The ees where always very arrogant and condesending. There would be people from 10 companies there and no one liked the AIG folks.

You are correct, many types of jobs will be going away, and we need to train our kids for the types of jobs that will remain.Totally agree and if anyone isn't flexible enough to adapt is going to be in trouble.

However, there are people out there who don't do well in school, but who have other skills, trade-type skills, and we need to give them the best possible shot for success as well. I am certain you agree with that.Totally agree and I don't like it when funding for our tech schools gets lowered.

Cut stupid spending (of which there is a lot), pass that savings to corporate America, to stimulate them to grow. It ain't rocket science.
Agree that any stupid spending should be cut.