View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Nobody is saying that he condones any of this....

The problem is that every time a tragedy like this occurs and he is presented an opportunity to lead.....he doesn't. He tries to placate everyone and often says/does something which fuels the divisiveness.

He needs to understand that he is EVERY citizens president.....not just the ones who voted for him. He needs to address the US with inclusiveness, not by singling out specific groups. He needs to think a little more before he says something.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Nobody is saying that he condones any of this...."

Obviously.

"tries to placate everyone "

I have to disagree with that. I don't see him trying to do much to placate the tens of millions of people who didn't vote for him. I see him trying to demonize them. That "bitter clingers" comment, which he made when he didn't know anyone was recording and thus is likely how he really feels, tells you everything that you need to know, about how he views conservatives.

"He needs to understand that he is EVERY citizens president"

BINGO. He has never made any attempt to be my president. He doesn't even try to hide his contempt for conservatives. Say what you want about Bush's policies, he never (from what I recall, I could be wrong) went so far out of his way to continuously alienate all the liberals. He did things they disagreed with obviously, but he didn't engage in endless personal attacks.