View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
As an aside to your insertion of Kavanaugh and drinking beer, Obama said he drank beer in excess in high school. And that he spent his time in high school mostly in a daze--or something like that. In Obama's words:

"I will confess to you that I was kind of a goof-off in high school"

"You know, I made some bad decisions that I've actually written about. You know, got into drinking. I experimented with drugs,"

"There was a whole stretch of time that I didn't really apply myself a lot. It wasn't until I got out of high school and went to college that I started realizing, 'Man, I wasted a lot of time."'

"Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed,"

Mostly he smoked marijuana and drank alcohol, Obama wrote, but occasionally he would snort cocaine when he could afford it.

Gee, I wonder if he was fit, morally qualified and had the right temperament to be President when he did such things in high school.
"I respect his honesty in doing that," Giuliani said. "I think one of the things that we need from people who are running for office is not this pretense of perfection. And the reality is all of us who run for public office whether its governor, legislature, mayor, president - we're all humans beings. If we haven't made mistakes, don't vote for us. Cause we're gonna have some big ones that are going to happen, unfortunately. And we wouldn't know how to handle them!"

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin