View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I reread it all to see where you could have found that and could not find it.

Why on earth would you do that? I didn't claim that what I said was in your article. I was just being sarcastic about your concern about what the world supposedly thinks about America.

Your dystopian view of the world is showing.
Perhaps instead of a wall along the Mexican border, a dome might be more to your liking. Then all those nasty other people would not pollute your perfect world.

Atta boy. You can be sarcastic too.

When Trump gives his farewell address what will he say to us and the rest of the world? They listen
Here are a few statements from previous presidents as examples
Barack Obama said that America’s rivals will never “match our influence unless we give up what we stand for.” George W. Bush declared that “freeing people from oppression and despair is eternally right.” Bill Clinton said that if history has “taught us anything, it is that we achieve our aims by defending our values and leading the forces of freedom and peace.” Ronald Reagan brought his presidency to a close with a story about a Vietnamese refugee, peering up from his boat at his rescuers on a U.S. aircraft carrier and calling out: “Hello American sailor. Hello freedom man.”
After I get done being concerned about what the world thinks, then I also must wonder what Trump will say?