View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well, it would be the conservative way

-spence
It would? Really?

Read some history, Spence. Conservatives led the charge to abolish slavery. Conservatives led the charge to end segregation. The last time the Civil Rights Act was defeated in the US Senate, it was fillibustered by 2 senators from the Democratic party - Robert Byrd (who the Dems made president of the Senate, making him 3rd in line for succession to the office of President) and Al Gore, Senior.

My party wants to give blacks the tools they need to succeed. Your party wants to cripple them for life, by patting them on the head, saying "there, there", and giving them a welfare check. That's worked out just great for the last 30 years, hasn't it?

Thanks to your party's welfare programs which pay teenagers to have kids out of wedlock, 70% of black childred are born out of wedlock. 70%. Not a great cultural leap forwrd in my book.

Spence, when you get past the bullsh*t rhetoric and look at the truth, the air is pretty clean on my side when it comes to race.

Your party, not mine, put a former Klansman to be 3rd in line for the office of the President, until his death in 2010. And Robert Byrd used the "n" word in a TV interview the year he died, so it's not like he turned over a new leaf.

Have fun weaseling your way out of that little fact.