View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 03:59 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
That being said, NY had the results of a study 10years or so old that said you need so many beds, ventilators.... and the State Government chose to spen on something else. In CA, Arnold had deployable hospitals with 2000 beds and equipment, his predecessors disassembled the kits and most of the equipment was disposed of ( probably sold for pennies on the dollar to foreign nations) and now they are asking for it to appear out of thin air... Our healtcare workers need PPE and I see folks shopping wasting it because they have no idea how to use it properly, bet they all have a stockpile at home..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
there was a guy driving his car alone, at a stoplight next to me the other day wearing a surgical mask and blue latex gloves......I'm not sure if he was trying to prevent his car from infecting him or or if he was preventing himself from infecting his car

the 2019-2020 Influenza season in NY was has been a record season for illnesses, hospitalizations etc., you'd think considering this and past events in NY and particularly NYC there would be a better level of preparedness..if NY is this susceptible to Influenza WITH vaccinations should we be surprised at the numbers for a new, stubborn virus with no vaccination?

FEB 22
"Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the total number of flu cases in New York State has eclipsed the record number of seasonal cases since the New York State Department of Health began tracking flu cases during the 1998-99 season."

Influenza Prevention Guidelines (sound familiar?)

Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.

Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

Stay home when you are sick.

Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.

Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.

For additional information about influenza in New York State, visit the Department of Health web page.
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote