View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I played competitive sports and was no slouch, I am also permanently injured due to three bullies who tackled me during flag football in gym class. I was a bully when it came to other bullies, I had a half brother who was both mentally and physically unable to defend himself so when I came to Easton I stood with him and protected him and the rejects as they were called by others. The competitive sports are an unnecessary expense that I feel could be eliminated and replaced by the private sector. At some point people will have to wake up and realize we are all in the same boat and need to respect each other, eliminating the school affiliation to competitive sports would have a positive impact in my twisted mind.
It's still a dumb idea. I'm afraid you're on an island with this one. People have pointed out the flaws in your argument, but you refuse to see any perspective other than your own.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio