View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #23
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
Our schools athletics have been 0 funded & self-supporting for years. Lots of hours by parents and students in fundraisers. My daughter was a 3 letter completion. It made a big difference when it came to college. She was able to go to a better college that we would not have been able to afford. She had to keep up her grades or off the team. I can say their record was not the greatest but every girl on the team has gone off to college. I would think that If you privatized the sports programs after a few years if their records were not over 500 or making playoffs that programs would just end.
The programs could be arranged in a way that would for lack of a better term be handicapped by tracking the performance of individuals and moving them around to keep teams somewhat even in terms of ability. It might teach acceptance of others and teach true team work as oppossed to teaching dominance.
Parents who care about there childrens developement are far and few between, I think lots of parents enroll their kids in sports to get them out of their hair.
Mike you have done a great job I have met your daughter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device