View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #12
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately there are bunches of fake websites that are (phishing for those dollars) by setting up fake red cross websites that RESEMBLE the official red cross website and when you click on the icon you get re-directed to a fake site that pilfers your money and info.
I'm sure that some people think that the flyers (for the charity we set up for my sister) our family put up around town, at our work, at supermarkets, etc. are fake, and it's a shame that people need to be paranoid about that. But we have gotten donations from people we don't know, offers of free places to stay up here for them, and one of the members here -- TBurg -- sent boxes of items down to help my sister and her family out. Despite the few bad apples with fake charities, I've really seen how genuinely good and selfless alot of people can be when faced with victims who need their help. It's been quite surprising, as I've never had too much faith in the kindness of others. I guess it just goes to show that when the chips are down, people are willing to help out, and that's really good to know. I'm glad there hasn't been too much of a focus on scams. Everyone, whether down south or up here, should be thinking positively.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote