Thread: CHANGE
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually, here's the poll Obama was referencing...an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...2-24-28-11.pdf

When asked if you support a surcharge tax on people making over a million dollars 55% found it totally acceptable and 25% found it mostly acceptable.

Page 16.

So, it does indeed look like the GOP is really out of step with the American people on their tax position in negotiation for raising the debt ceiling.

-spence
Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal
By Sam Youngman and Alicia M. Cohn - 07/15/11 11:54 AM ET

President Obama on Friday kept up the pressure on Republicans to agree to revenue increases in a deal to raise the debt ceiling, claiming 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

so let's see, page 16 of a poll of 1000 from February indicates that these (mostly non-millionaires I'm guessing) support a surcharge tax on people making over a million dollars 55% found it totally acceptable and 25% found it mostly acceptable. Shocking!!!! These 77% of 1000 from February allow Obama to claim that 80% of the Nation is with him, "the American Public Agrees...ahhhh...with ME!!!"......... unbelieveable....delusional...disturbing

maybe he missed the Rasmussen report from the other day...

55% Oppose Tax Hike In Debt Ceiling Deal
Thursday, July 14, 2011

As the Beltway politicians try to figure out how they will raise the debt ceiling and for how long, most voters oppose including tax hikes in the deal.

Just 34% think a tax hike should be included in any legislation to raise the debt ceiling. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 55% disagree and say it should not.

I guess somewhere between 80% and 34% lies the truth of course, Rasmussen is from July 14th and asked specifically about the debt ceiling and Obama's poll was plucked from a months old heap and the questions had nothing to do with the debt ceiling debate

So, it does indeed look like the GOP is really out of step with the American people on their tax position in negotiation for raising the debt ceiling.

-spence

By a 59% to19% margin, Political Class voters favor a tax hike in the debt ceiling deal.

By a 68% to 22% margin, Mainstream voters take the opposite view [/B]

55% Oppose Tax Hike In Debt Ceiling Deal - Rasmussen Reports

it does indeed???????????

looks like Obama is not only out of step but lying again

Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal

claiming 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

I wonder what %%%% of Americans would like Obama to find another job?

Last edited by scottw; 07-16-2011 at 08:14 AM..