View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't know if that's true. I mean, they couldn't drop right in front of the annex, but they could have been really, really close by. Were they? I don't know. But they absolutely should have been. A quick reaction team (FAST team) is supopsed to go from where they are, to the trouble spot, very quickly.
FAST stands for Fleet Anti-Terrorism Team. They're to provide reinforcements rapidly, not instantly...

Quote:
I didn't say that. But if you don't have troops in the immediate vicinity (closest safe spot), you can't do anything. So I could just as easily say, "I can't believe Obama would leave those 4 Americans to die alone."

You don't necessarily go in guns blazing. But you don't always have hours to plan, either. You can't treat every operation as if it's the Normandy invasion.

Watch the movie, or read the book, Lone Survivor. 4 man seal team comes under attack, they radio for help, a helicopter is in the air within a few minutes. They didn't take days formulating a plan, going over maps, discussing logistics. Sometimes you have to react quickly. That's why we have special forces.
I believe in that context it was a quick reaction force that responded. They would be pre-positioned and at the ready to respond to the Seal operation. It's a totally different scenario.

Quote:
I'll also tryst them over an elected politician. Do you trust the guy who said we should have done more?

In other words, you don't like what he said, so you dismiss it. I thought you just said you trust him?
By his own words I think he believes we should have been able to do more. I think he also believes that this wasn't feasible given the situation.

Quote:
Watch the 3 minute video I posted here. Trey Gowdy specifically said he didn't have access to witnesses. If he's lying, impeach him. If he's telling the truth, then clearly we need the hearings. Fair enough?
Gowdy has been such a champion of Benghazi myths I'm surprised he doesn't have a retainer from FOX.

He probably doesn't have access to witnesses…right now. They would have to be subpoenaed or if classified worked out behind closed doors. Just because he doesn't have access doesn't mean other investigations have. Gowdy appears to be using a simple rhetorical trick to make you believe something is being withheld.

-spence