View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I wouldn't think an intentional diss, more like a semi-intitutionalized-directed disregard. Even if it is a fall through the cracks (should not be) it is too much.

For an administration that has a protocol for a lot of things, surely there is a coordinator for something like this for a nation supposedly at war for almost a decade and a half
I don't know that he did it maliciously. i just don't think he has any appreciation, nor any concern, for the way that normal peopl efeel about such things.

When Nixon won a 49-state rout, there was an editor at the New York Times (I need to look up her name) who famously said "I can't believe he won, I don't know anyone who voted for him". The man won 49 out of 50 states, and this women, who was a big-shot at the NYT, never saw it coming, and couldn't understand how it was possible.

These people, the liberal swells, tend to surround themselves with like-minded people, drinking hot toddies on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, discussing poetry and existentialism. They are guilty of solipsism, unable to grasp that the whole world isn't exactly like them. They have absolutely no idea, nor could they care less, about people with whom they disagree.