View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #26
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Every time I hear "Taxachusetts" I want to split my sides laughing. You guys really don't know how good you have it. You use New Hampshire as a yardstick--a state that provided almost no services until half of Mass north of Boston decided to move there, and a state that owns every packy inside its borders. Do you have any idea how much revenue those state liquor stores bring into NH?

You want to complain about taxes? Move to New York, where you have a much higher income tax, an 8.5% sales tax (on everything, including clothing), and 5 figure property taxes on 2000 square foot houses on 100' x 60' lots. Move to New Jersey where you have an equally high income tax, a 7% sales tax and even higher property taxes--$20,000 a year is not unheard of, and that's not for waterfront properties assessed at over a million bucks. It's for 2500 square foot houses on normal sized lot, miles from the ocean.

Hell--just move to RI. Do they still tax personal property like cars and boats at 100% valuation, the way they did 25 years ago? I pay under $50 in excise tax for a 5 year old Jeep.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.