View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You dismiss it as a "game", because your side's stance makes it clear that democrats aren't dedicate to helping blacks advance.

I'll ask for the third time (you are really dodging like a coward). Why do democrats oppose school choice? If good schools have available seats, and there are black students who would benefit from a superior school, why would any sane person oppose school choice? Don't democrats like to identify as being "pro choice"? Seems odd that a group that identifies as being "pro choice", would oppose this particular choice, which has no downside. unless, again, the goal is to keep these people impoverished. What other reason would you oppose school choice?

What do you say to the parents who live in cities, who are desperately begging for school choice? You'd tell them they are merely playing a "game"? You don't think they have a legitimate request?

Seems very callous of you. But I'm the racist, because I want to give them every possible chance to better themselves.
Are you losing it again, you’re calling people names and have a very thin skin. Did someone take your stapler?

So your solution to pandemic lack of education is to conduct a triage and decide which of the poorly educated should be given a chance at a better education in one of the empty seats in a “good” school.
Every one of them deserves a chance at a good education.
Some children being required to go to a “bad” school because of their socioeconomic status or race is...........
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin