Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
The health benefits of being a smoker, obese, and using drugs is in the eye of the beholder?

You're absolutely nuts if you think the average person who is 100lbs overweight won't have higher health care costs over their lifetime than a person.

Exceptions do not make up the rule. Sure, I have met people that smoked for 65 years and lived into their 80s. I've met a whole lot more people that had family members smoke and died in their 50s.

There are people that eat garbage every day and will live to be 90. There are far, far more people that eat garbage and will have their first hear attack or stroke in their 50s.

More than half of Americans are overweight. Diabetes rates are going through the roof.

Why should I - a person who exercises, eats well, and rarely sick even though I work a desk job - pay the same rates as someone that is overweight or a smoker?
JD, haven't I seen you smoking a cigar before?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio