Thread: Sea Pup
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #14
Tattoo

4/0 Owners are meat hangers and will weigh the Sea Dog down and make it sink like a stone. Even the 3/0’s are a bit large and will make it sink. You’re going to need to really impart lots of twitching of the rod to get the Sea Dog to dance with hooks of this size.
Best bet would be a 3/0 in the front and possibly a single in the back. I’ve see the jobu hooks used on plugs where they take 2 and zip tie them together for the front hook. I haven’t tried it but its something to think about.

Depending on how these mystical creatures are feeding will depend on how you should work your lure and how you want to present it. The oral orgy that dreams are made of requires anything with a hook most times. Rolling singles here and there with no concentration of them feeding have been more successful with subsurface stuff so a sinking dog that you can work seems to produce better than on the surface. Then of course you have the breezers or waking fish. These are the ones you see on the days where the water looks like grease and the sun tries to melt the skin from your bones. Hundreds of them pushing water here there and everywhere, a stick boats dream. This situation requires the largest sharpest hook possible. Take the hook and jam it into your eye, hand, head, thigh or and other meaty area. Make sure you get it in way past the bard with no chance of removing it easy. This will cause some slight pain and require you to leave the grounds for medical attention. Sadistic, but much less painfull than throwing everything and anything at breezers trying to get them to eat. All of this is from my own experience and by no means should be taken as gospel.
Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote