Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 09:03 PM   #127
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Although it seems you are a bit older than myself, and most likely have been in the field much longer as well. I have been a finish carpenter or craftsman if you will for a long time as well. Having worked in several stair shops and being a stair installer for those companies I find great satisfaction when a stair (or any other job for that matter) is complete. But I especially have a feeling of satisfaction when I teach the younger generation a piece of the trade. I am having the pleasure of working with my son now as he is home from college and my boss hired him to be my right hand man. I also had him all summer. Its great teaching him...even more so because he wants to learn. Thanks for sharing the progress of your projects.
I too have greatly enjoyed teaching and passing on the knowledge, even just opening the door to the trade. I wish I could get my son back working with me. He lives here in town, at my ex's house and works for her husband's contracting company. (Had to send him away when I totaled my knee and knew I was out for a year.) I think her husband holds him hostage working for him, saying if he leaves he has to move out, pays him half of what I would be paying and certainly below what he's worth... It is complicated.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote