View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
He would need to act like a man,

That's a very sexist comment. Is it that good old fashioned manhood preference? Are you saying that acting like a women or a gay or a transgender would not get him positive press coverage? Are you inferring that some sort of male gender way of acting is needed to be "presidential"? Maybe it's because he often acts like a "man" that he is looked at so negatively by leftists, including most of the media.

not the reality tv star he thinks he is.

Do you really think he is acting like a reality TV star? Do you really think he doesn't know how actually real and consequential his actions as President are? I haven't watched reality TV for some time and very little when I did. So I don't know what they act like. But he doesn't appear to me to be acting. I do realize that the image of him acting like a Reality TV Star is a biased meme used to make him appear foolish. And that various media promotes and reinforces that meme.

Words have more consequences in his current position than just ratings, one would hope the job of President as a leader is not purely transactional. It's obvious that you would disagree with that.
Transactions are done with words. As well, words are the content of propaganda. Words are the most useful tool to influence voting. The words that the "normal" politicians, or whatever adjective you might use to describe them, speak with in our political arena are mostly shaded toward deceitful meaning, mostly meant to demean opposition, and are mostly empty or erroneous promises to eliminate societies problems--problems which are often manufactured with words to create perceptions of critical problems needing to be solved and solved only by them and their words.

I think the people hunger for what they think are positive transactions. Many are tired of the empty, contentious, antagonistic, accusatory, ultimately phony words. But many welcome and are energized by those words hurled against their political enemies.

Personally, I have stopped listening to the verbal political pablum. There are a few, key, fundamental things I look for or listen for. The other words, to me, are political speak.

And it appears to me, that for most voters, it's the political speak that wins their vote. It's obvious to me, that you would vote based on correct political speak.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-19-2018 at 05:42 PM..