View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You know I'm not anti gun. I've actually been looking at buying a hand gun because shooting is a lot of fun. Like a lot of fun.

That being said...I don't see how high velocity weapons are useful for sport shooting, hunting or even home defense.

Have you taken a step toward the dark side? Didn't you once say that the purpose of a hand gun was to kill? Now its lots of fun? I congratulate your evolution of thought on the matter. Some do get a rush, lots of fun, firing high velocity weapons. Could be a higher order of gun sport. You might want to give it a try. Your guns as fun philosophy may evolve into a higher more refined perspective. Gun ranges could get permits to buy such guns purely to be used for sport shooting on the range.

Think on it. A boost for the economy. A peaceful way of asserting excess testosterone. Competitions evolving into a sort of American pastime. Available to all of the various genders, testosterone loaded or not. Televised tournaments at which the national anthem could be played and the Second Amendment read by a Monday Night type of cis-female. And thus another venue provided for those who wish to protest how America oppresses them. Competitions ranging first from the smallest size hand guns which can be hidden in the palm of a hand all the way to the grand finale of high velocity guns all ending with the roar of rapid fire in an All-American gun fest giving new meaning, usefulness, and appreciation for the supposed American love of guns.

So what's the point? The argument to defend against an oppressive government is really just a pile of bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Right . . . right . . . just a pile of bull poop. History has shown that people never had to rebel or defend against various sorts of tyranny. Oh, that's right . . . we humans have evolved to a time where governments will forever be benevolent, peopled by humane, nice-guy rulers who have our best interests at heart. Who bend to our will rather than their own. With those minor exceptions, of course, when they know better than us what our best interests are. No doubt, after we are dis-armed, they will see the even greater need for them to protect us against . . . against . . . well, against ourselves, or even other bad nasty governments. And that bull poop piece of paper that limits their ability to protect and nourish us can be discarded.

Here's an interesting article showing how the strictest gun controls in Western society prevent mass killings:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...las-vegas.html

I know, I know, it is written by John Lott, so it must also be bull poop