Thread: Unemployment
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 09:57 AM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Canalratt....I used to be employed in the printing industry many moons ago until it went "down the tubes" as you say. Belive me when I tell you it went down the tubes a long time ago. I actually used to work for Intercity Press back when they first got started in Braintree. I was fresh out of Blue Hills Regional Vo-Tech from graphic arts and went to work for them when they were Rapid Reproductions (my first job) back in 1982. I did everything from camerawork and layout to stripping and platemaking all the way to presswork running AB #^&#^&#^&#^&s and Ryobi 960's w/T heads to all the binderywork and then some. Yet with all my hard work and knowledge all the jobs I could find sucked.....it was all due to the introduction of computers in the field of printing. Anyway, I am very friendly with the former owners of Intercity Press who I believe were retained on staff at the newly named place as part of the sales agreement. The former owners are the Dedarian family (spelling may be wrong) I believe Mark and Craig Derdarian still work there....if you want to drop a name feel free to use mine and lie your butt off if it helps to get your foot in the door. Feel free to pm me if I can be of help, I don't see those guys too much but they know me, we had a real good relationship for a long time.

Hey, you know what....I also am very friendly with the owner of Pyramid Printing....maybe I can help. PM me ya phone number.

Last edited by BigFish; 03-05-2004 at 10:03 AM..

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote