View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:57 PM   #105
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Spence and Wayne, it's easy to be an armchair quarterback in situations like this,but seriously, instead of mocking Trump what would be your suggestions in how this can realistically be fixed? Obama had 8 years as president,what improvements did he make that made you feel safer?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think there's a lot you could do. Ensure schools have the proper security mechanisms so shooters can't get in, police guards, make high velocity weapons like the Ar-15 much harder to buy, integration of background checks with other data systems, Congressional appropriations to actually collect good data to study the issues including making it a requirement for states to pass data to the feds, better health studies on the impact of violence in media, buy backs etc... etc....not all of this is easy to implement I understand.

The 2ndA doesn't need to be repealed, people can still have plenty of guns for self protection and sport. You may not be able to get them immediately and there may be some that are really hard to get. But we can be doing a hell of a lot more than we are now.

Last edited by spence; 02-24-2018 at 04:08 PM..