View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #16
EarnedStripes44

I agree with some of that stuff on its face, but it highlights somethings that should be considered when reading Mr. Rooneys ruminations.

1. I understand you want a french fries instead of "papas fritas"; but is it too much to expect the employer to ensure that hirees are sufficiently proficient in english?

2. As far as BET is concerned, isnt it owned by whites, like most things marketed to blacks? And as a far as the term AFRICAN american, I'd rather it just be AMERICAN, because I'd argue that most aspects of black culture are nothing else but authentically american, and many of them would rather exclude that concept rather than embrace it. Its not like they can trace any lineage back to any particular region/kingdom/country in Africa without a DNA test - and that is not even 100%. Blues music ain't african and neither is fried chicken.

3. As far as women are concerned, mother is the word of god on the lips of all children, and should be treated as such. Its not like they invented Nuclear war. My sisters tell me men are idiots all the time, I don't agree, because our male centered culture has masterfully socialized them into subordination, so I understand if the "feminist" rub your rhubarb the wrong way.

4. And as far as minorities, loans and subsidies. There are Corporations out their who fish for subsidies like Herring and get them - ask just about any professional sport franchise. In fact, without gov't subsidies, some sports teams dont even turn a profit, yet the unconditional public patronage and private exaltation continues, at the expense of competition

I could go on, but I won't. To force PC on everyone else is unfair, but I'm not going to pick on the weakest kid in the class just because I don't like him or because everyone else is.