View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #20
fishbones

Are you absolving the "community groups" like ACORN from any blame? ACORN is a minority run organization, is it not?

Also, is ther no such thing as "buyer beware" anymore? I did a budget and figured out what I could afford for a mortgage before applying for one. And I added in costs for utilites, cable, groceries, gas, clothes, fishing gear, etc.... Then, I took a loan for about $100K less than I was approved for. Seeing as I'm not very smart, couldn't other people figure out that they shouldn't buy a house if they can't afford it?

And ES44, I wouldn't call most of your posts rants. They usually are well thought out and intelligent without being over the top. Now if you want to go back to the Micheal Vick threads, that might have been a little ranting.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio