View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
Vacating wins is stupid. Those games were won on the field so call them what..vacated wins??? rediculous.

The ability for players to transfer without losing a year is big. My guess is all the real talent gets out of Dodge. Immediate impact on program.

60 Million...At 3 times that I bet PSU wishes it could just buy there way out of it without the other sanctions.

Loss of scholarships is big. Essentially they will lose all their current talent to transfers and be able to recruit nothing but second or third tier players even with the scholarships that remain. Same applies to the ban on bowl appearances. No top players will want to go there , scholarships or not.

I still say the blame for all this damage to Penn State lies with the University President. He knew , he's their intellectual who is supposed to make decisions like this. No way this kind of decision should be left up to a guy who's qualifications are he's a football coach , regardless how good , famous , iconic. If this were harvard or Yale and the university Presidents knew the details of such a scandal , do you tghink they would be head hunting for the football coach?

Police are next on my hit list. They should have at least made the accusations public even if there was not enough evidence to prosecute. once made public , other possible victims may have come forward and provided enough substance to further pursue the original charges.

Lastly , Paterno definitely F'ed up by being a part of the PSU administrative team who decided to keep it quiet, along with the President , VP , Athletic Director and apparently the board of Trustees. What were they thinking?? Maybe he led the cover up? Maybe he was told by the president and the board to be quiet and that they would handle it then never did anything? Maybe he was just a football coach , intellectually unequiped to see this whole thing clearly and became a totally misguided team player. All those answers went to the grave with him but one thing is for sure , he F'ed up.
Intellectually unequipped? The guy graduated from Brown, for cryinoutloud. Back in the day when you had to earn an Ivy League diploma. Even today, jocks have to pass admission standards and attend classes at the Ivies, and carry a minimum 2.0.

Stop making excuses for Paterno. The guy had more power than the university president and the trustees. Why do you think he was allowed to coach until he broke Eddie Robinson's record in the first place?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote