View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 02:52 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You did not prove any point wrong, nothing I said was not germane and as usual anything a rich man does is ok, how dare you whine you lazy person.
Lampert pulled a sleazy deal, paid off the execs with a measly 25 million
Lampert tried to push the envelope to suck 1.4 billion out and put it in his pocket to the detriment of the unsecured creditors and others.
He created zero and likely if the creditors had not joined together to stop him would have succeeded in stripping out what rightfully belonged to others.
Happens all the time if you have enough money to play those games and rarely does anyone get charged with a crime.
Just like nobody got charged in the last burst bubble but we all paid to bail them out because they were too big to fail.
Now they’ll roll back the controls on big and keep the ones that big business lobbied for on small.
Ever wonder why there are no longer local banks or businesses?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So when I posted this...

"I'm not saying billionaires are swell, I have no problem believing that many are weird and jerks."

What you inferred, is this: "as usual anything a rich man does is ok"

I don't get how you could read what I posted, and interpret it the way you did. You're not being rational, you are claiming that I am saying the opposite of what I am clearly saying.

"Lampert pulled a sleazy deal"

Then let's charge him. He's one guy,. they aren't all crooked.

"Just like nobody got charged in the last burst bubble but we all paid to bail them out because they were too big to fail."

I agree with you that the powerful make the rules to favor themselves. We could solve this, by voting for regular people who know how to do things. We choose to elect elitists.