View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So when I posted this...

"I'm not saying billionaires are swell, I have no problem believing that many are weird and jerks."

What you inferred, is this: "as usual anything a rich man does is ok"

I don't get how you could read what I posted, and interpret it the way you did. You're not being rational, you are claiming that I am saying the opposite of what I am clearly saying.

"Lampert pulled a sleazy deal"

Then let's charge him. He's one guy,. they aren't all crooked.

"Just like nobody got charged in the last burst bubble but we all paid to bail them out because they were too big to fail."

I agree with you that the powerful make the rules to favor themselves. We could solve this, by voting for regular people who know how to do things. We choose to elect elitists.
I said "Not all things the rich guys do are even close to noble"
I did not say all are bad.
Lambert, however is a master at getting money out of failing businesses to the detriment of creditors and all others who have interests.

You said "Then let's charge him"

Well it's not that simple, white collar crime is complicated and nobody looks very hard. He has billions and he will lawyer it to death for a few million. It's not like he killed anyone, so it's not sexy enough for a prosecutor to commit an equal amount of resources to pursuing and their resources are not bottomless.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin