View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Jim in CT

"Trump was clearly, transparently, unquestionably wrong"

It's not unquestionable. It's not anywhere near unquestionable.

"those of us who haven’t been lost to the cult of Trump"

Besides Sean Hannity, name a nationally prominent, influential conservative who refuses to criticize Trump.

"Playing public footsie with white supremacists and neo-Nazis? Check"

Keep hearing that accusation, keep asking for evidence, keep not seeing it.

"pig-ignorance about the economy "

I'm not an economist, but I know a lot more about it than a pig. Other than some potentially problematic things that Trump inherited (interest rates too low for too long, overdue for a recession), the economy looks robust. If that makes me as ignorant as a pig about the economy, someone explain why. Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman said the US economy would not survive Trump. Krugman may well emerge as the one who is dumb as a pig.

"He goes on to absolutely clobber the voters who make up Trump’s base and devour his conspiratorial ramblings: “Honestly, at this point, it’s almost a moral imperative to slap the stupid out of them.”

I know that the Trump haters desperately, desperately want to convince themselves that Trump voters all suffer from a significant moral shortcoming, or an intellectual shortcoming. Sure some do, as do some Hilary voters. But that's it. The alternative in the election was someone whose moral compass is just as disgusting (though in a less crass way), who was an uber liberal, and who almost no one likes.

I'm not a big fan of Trumps personal behavior. I'm OK with most of his policies. I'm not stupid, I'm not a racist, I'm not any of the things that this hate-filled reviewer wants you to think I am.

Reading this, was like watching the opening monologue of an MSNBC show at either 8:00 or 9:00 PM.

Life isn't this simple Pete.

"Alienating African Americans and Hispanics beyond redemption? "

Nope.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog..._above_50.html