View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You said a mouthful there....."I don't care about his style".....I'd go farther; it's obvious those that rally in support of Trump don't care about his morals, his complete lack of decency or his constant attacks on those institutions entrusted to protect our nation.

In the 2nd amendment thread, there was this constant argument about needing the arms to prevent a tyrannical government from taking power; what about the tyrannical leader?

ty·ran·ni·cal
təˈranək(ə)l/Submit
adjective
exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way.
"her father was portrayed as tyrannical and unloving"
synonyms: dictatorial, despotic, autocratic, oppressive, repressive, totalitarian, undemocratic, illiberal; More
characteristic of tyranny; oppressive and controlling.
"a momentary quieting of her tyrannical appetite"I personally don't believe the means justifies the ends.

tyrannical
[ti-ran-i-kuh l, tahy-]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
of or characteristic of a tyrant.
unjustly cruel, harsh, or severe; arbitrary or oppressive; despotic:
a tyrannical ruler.

Traits our Potus exemplifies to the extreme. Even suggest you are NOT a Trump fan and the tweets rain down, the personal attacks are unending, even crossing over into witness intimidation and nobody is immune. The justice department took a hit, the CIA, the FBI and now he's about to launch a campaign to convince the american public and those around him that Flynn can't do anything but lie thereby any testimony can't be trusted. Gee can you think why these institutions are constantly under attack and that Mueller's cooperating witness is now in Trumps cross hairs. What happened to his never ending praise of Flynn, oh yeah it served his purpose to wave the Flynn flag then, but not now that he's a cooperating witness it's a different song. Sorry Donald, yeah he did get indited for lying, but any testimony moving forward will be completely vetted for that very reason, with complete supporting documentation and supporting testimony's if more convictions are coming. Ironic that the biggest liar our country has ever put in office is going to use that argument to attack Flynn.

You have every right to your opinion of Trump and his actions, as do I. You continue to see him through your rose colored glasses, I see him in a different light and as an independent not through blue glasses either. I see a man comfortable abusing women, I see someone without shame in mocking the disabled, disrespecting military heroes, I see a man ok with bullying those that speak out against him, I see a man using rhetoric so unprofessional and so disrespectful I'd probably not want my young kids listening to it. Not the good role model I'd want my young kids looking up to, thankfully they are all in their 30's.
While politics where not discussed at the kitchen table when they were teens, based on conversations we've had lately, they and the majority of their friends agree with my assessment of the man.

I suspect women and the young in this country will be his downfall and likely the GOP. I think he has just screwed himself and the party with his abusive behavior towards women, his endorsement of Moore and the division he has spread across this country. I'm optimistic that the young voters are too smart not to see this clown for the poser he is.

I hope we do survive the Trump era, but it's not going to be a smooth ride and I pray that big global crisis holds off until the next term.