View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
When you realize that all cable news stations are purposfully pandering to the left or the right, you might realize that you are being fed propaganda that fuels the polarization. It disgusts me. Both sides do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In every prime-time slot on Foxnews, every single night, you see liberals and conservatives expressing both sides of every important issue. Foxnews is right-leaning, no doubt. But to suggest it is the mirror image of the other stations would be 100% incorrect. It is, by far, the closest thing you can find to balanced coverage. Which is what people want. Which is why they clobber everyone else in ratings.

In my opinion, most liberals don't want to have a serious, honest debate on most issues. Because when you do an honest, open-minded comparison of what both sides are actually saying (instead of taking Rachael Maddow's word for what conservatives are saying), much of the liberal agenda (not all of it) looks like somethig a spoiled 4 year-old would suggest. Gimme, gimme, gimme, don't talk to me about affordability or responsibility. That's why the other stations surround themselves with liberals, and demonize my side, rather than debatring. When Rachael Maddow wants to show the conservative opinion, she'll put a Klansmen on there, or a toothless cracker, to show everyone how contemptible we really are. She never has someone like CHarles Krauthammer on there, because she knows he would make her look like the idiot she is.