Thread: Grown Ups 2
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The incredible amount of money spent here in Marblehead during the filming of that movie was mind blowing considering the end product, which I must admit I haven't seen yet.... It was great for the local economy but makes you wonder.... The sheer number of people on the payroll, from drivers to caterers, security to set crew seemed exorbitant. All top shelf. Not a rental to be had in town. Stars rented out larger homes for five figures per month. The local auto repair shop got $15000 for shooting at their business for maybe two days. In Swampscott. they built an inflatable building that was larger than the Patriots practice facility for a studio. Inside, they built a façade of a local house they filmed in, but added a built in swimming pool, done by South Shore Gunite, which was all torn down after a month of filming. The town got somewhere around 50k for the use of the fields, plus redoing the fields' turf. I'm sure there is a formula to get a financial return, but after what I saw, there is no way I would vote to fund that kind of multimillion dollar budget the way they threw around the money. I will see it OnDemand.....
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote