View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #14
Islander77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I got a laugh when down at the fish pier last summer on my friends boat.
We pulled up the fish pier to get gas and my friend pulled out a $100 bill and told the kid to pump $100 and asked how many gallons should I pump. I think it was $3.18 a gal and the kid told him it's another 10 cents "town tax" per gallon !
So in Chatham you pay fed, state & town tax for gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
wasn't this mainly caused from the comm. bass season zoo out there last year. Don't see this will deter that over parking situation as 20 bucks to make 500 plus is a good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamblue30 View Post
Good idea Hooper. Nauset can be dangerous at low/mid water or when the breakers cause your prop to dig into the sand.
Before I say anything please realize my father has lived and fished outta Chtaham for about 20 years now.. ( Comm)...

Yea the fish pier is a different kinda place and yes they do do that actually, I think its Monomoi fuel or which ever company down there that does that to cover a tax on them for bein " on the water " with fuel..

Proffesor M.. Did you see Ryders any of those mornings??? I know I did on our way to other place.. one word redonkulous.. People parked almost a mile away to launch there??? I mean seriously.. Zoo dont even sum it up.. more like Pilgrams.. horror show only started there once past the bar it was just a big washing machine.. And yes that was me on the 21 foot HiLiner hull...

See people say that bout the bar at Nausett and the new cut at Chatham.. but we cam OVER the bar most the time on way in.. And hell we even took the EJ out the new cut on more then one occasion and thats a 48 foot Marine Services hull..

I think Ryders has every right to do this or become resident only.. Sorry folks my Father owns a house there and has 3 commercial boats moored there between fish pier and stage harbor depending on time of year.. so why do We have to launch from a different place with me getting wet every comm bass day??? But when you get there at 4-5 am and its a bag of mashed a hole circus...

Just my .02$

Last edited by Islander77; 03-28-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Islander77 is offline   Reply With Quote