View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Pay to play, drain the swamp and lock them up"

If you think that sums up his presidency so far, well you are cherry-picking for political reasons. There were plenty of things Obama did that I hated, there were some things he did great (he helped the economy recover, killed the Somali pirates, helped keep alive the programs that led to Bin Ladens death).

You left out some things that Trump did...he appointed a superb (from the conservative view) Supreme Court justice, he put a little more money in most of our pockets, he made every corporation in the country (I think) more profitable by lowering the corporate tax rate), unemployment continues to drop, the stock market continues to rise, and he seems to have fatty over in North Korea taking notice, as he let the 3 hostages go. Aren't those all good things? Why can't you say that out loud?

It would be nice if we could give presidents credit where it's due, and criticism where it's due. This guy deserves a whole lot of criticism, much of his personal behavior is indefensible. But his policies are helping the economy, at least for now.
You are right Jim
Trump is the greatest at some things
He has had far more people in his administration indicted than Obama.
He is meeting with the leader of North Korea, something they have wanted for over thirty years. There are reasons NO prior president has meet with the leaders of North Korea.
Neil Gorsuch has been on the Court for a short time, time will tell.
The economy continues to improve.
Unemployment continues to drop
He signed a temporary decrease in in personal income taxes for some and a permanent decrease for corporations.
The stock market is a all time high level, be careful, remember the recovery under Obama only took 6 years. That was a third or less than previous recoveries. The market is a fickle beast and nobody controls it.
As I've sad before, it is hard to give someone credit when he has already taken more than is due. If they said the economy is doing better, period. Then the media could define it, but when it is defined by the WH as the "superlative" whatever, the responsible media says that is not correct it is actually "this". Then the WH says it is fake and whines.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin