View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 09:27 AM   #164
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Wife working from home, and is crazy busy as Global travel mgr for a health insurance company. People are just plain stupid. Don't want to follow protocol for getting travel approvals. Or just this morning, she is getting calls from employees in an African nation who want out! And their line managers had pushed to keep them there. Without sounding like an awful human being, we do need some culling of the herd.... the ones who have to much stoopid in their dna
MIL is happy as long as we have somewhat recent Polish newspaper so she can better understand what is going on. My wife's Polish vocabulary is somewhat limited as she came to America at 13 years old, so not always easy to translate. And we are Slinging! Polish TV. But she is 85....
I am good, with the knee. Mobile. Trying to work but probably only at sites where people are in Florida or at a detached garage.
27 yo twins at their mother's house here in town. Son taking time, is very worked up about this whole thing. Daughter has made decision to stay here rather than return to her Miami base as a flight attendant. We will help her with bills and deal with the fallout, if that happens. At least here. she has a caretaker if necessary, and a house they can continue to provision. (Their mother came back from a Utah ski trip a couple days early when she and her husband finally realized the gravity of this pandemic. They have the stoopid gene too.) But both kids have had Lyme so I am happy both are here in town, where I can observe and at least make a difference, if not have them in my house.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote