Thread: Just odd
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I say it kidding but I mean it... is that his disclaimer ? That alone changes the context really ?

He didn't mean it as a fact. He meant it (you'll like this) as a metaphor (you've said before that his comments were metaphors). And he understood that overly sensitive folks would take his comment literally (or that his enemies would twist it) so he added that he was just kidding. That does change the context. But not that alone. The whole speech adds context.

So he was only joking about terminally I'll people to make a get out and vote argument wow ! Again thanks for having to explain what Trump ment to say rather than what he said ? How could have mistaken that's as odd

He didn't make a joke about terminally ill people. He didn't say anything ABOUT terminally ill people. You're doing what the left is good at. Such as expanding Trump's insults of specific women to insulting all women. There was no joke made about terminally ill people nor was one intended. He was emphasizing that it was so important to get out and vote this time that METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING (he was just kidding) even if you were terminally ill, you should get out and vote. That was not a joke, about terminally ill people. That was a metaphor for how important it was to get out and vote. It was speaking metaphorically. Speaking metaphorically means not to be taken literally. Surely you understand that as you have said the same about Trumps words in the past.

Or, I think, you prefer not to understand that.

Your correct that's normal for Him... I stand corrected
See, you do understand. You don't literally mean you stand corrected. But it's okay for you to be sarcastic and metaphorical.