View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
Mr. Sandman

I agree. I think that show is an older re-run (like most OTW shows...did they even have any new shows at all in 08?)

And they cherry pick the days (and travel with a larger support boat(s) that films). I can tell you that the number of days it looks like that at nomans you can count on one hand each season. If it kicks up...well you know what the white-knuckle ride your in for. There are several sticky places on the ride back esp if you have a small boat.

Same goes for offshore tuna in a CC. I think they did a show about canyon fishing in a 23' regulator alone a couple years back. IMO that was irresponsible and should not be attempted by anyone. Chatham in a small boat? Yes it is doable..but you have to pick your days. If you have a flat day you can easily do it. In fact is seems too easy, as you race out there in no time, catch a big fish and zip home...But, if it kicks up out of the west in the afternoon as is normally does all summer, you are in for a loooong sloppy ride home to Falmouth. Nothing like beating your brains into a 25-30 afternoon (according to the weatherman)"breeze" for 45 miles... Been there done that. But when it is flat...piece of cake.

They need to mention safety...Freak... I suspect a boating safety show would not be very popular. IMO they should mandate the same rules for comm as for recs. When you get your tuna permit, you need to register your eprib, etc. This would be one way to thin out the weekend wannabes.

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 03-09-2009 at 10:31 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote