View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
another interesting fact - GDP per capita.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...itories_by_GDP

The richest (and best educated) states are primarily run by Democrats. The poorest states are primarily run by Republicans. The richest counties are primarily in Democratic states. The poorest counties are primarily in Republican states.
You keep saying the same thing "blue states have wealthier citizens on average". I keep saying I agree with you, so I have no idea why you keep saying the same ting, I don't know who or what youre responding to.

I've asked you many times what liberalism has done to make those citizens more successful, and you keep responding with "blue states are wealthier."

We both know that means you can't think of a reason why liberalism results in wealth. Because it doesn't. If it did, the state governments of the blue states would be in great shape, and they aren't.

And for the second time, when wealthy americans leaned right, you all said that was a bad thing, a sign of what was wrong with the GOP. Now that wealthy people are liberals, all of a sudden it's a good thing to attract the wealthy.

TN has very poor towns. But the state (meaning the state government) literally has more money than they know what to do with, so they offer free community college tuition.

CT has a ton of very wealthy residents, yet the state can't pay its bills.

Lemme guess your response..."CT is wealthier than TN".

except it's not. The residents of CT are far wealthier than the residents of TN. The state of CT is a lot less wealthy than the state of TN. Despite taking far more money from its citizenry, the state of CT is in far worse shape.

Funny you won't comment on that.